Berkley Professional’s Claims Group differentiates itself globally in the marketplace by providing world class customer service. We bring certainty to our insureds/brokers/underwriters during the claims process, with in-house expertise and authority to handle complex claims. We deliver prompt responses in order to best serve our clients’ needs and within one business day, the insureds/brokers know their assigned claims handler. Berkley Professional’s experienced and dedicated claims team prides itself on knowing trends and emerging risks and delivering the highest level of customer service.
Notice of Claim Requiring Immediate Action
If immediate action on the notice is needed, the insured should express mail the notice to Berkley Professional Liability Claims. Situations requiring immediate action may include:
- The insured being served with a summons and complaint.
- The insured needs to provide a response to the claimant immediately.
Written Notice Required from the Insured
The claim notice should include a written narrative of the circumstances surrounding the claim or potential claim. The narrative should include, but not be limited to:
- Names of the insureds, policy number and effective dates.
- Names and addresses of the claimant.
- Details of the underlying claim, including its current status and the amount in controversy or relief demanded.
- All pertinent letters or documents necessary to properly evaluate the claim.
Please provide duplicate copies to your professional liability insurance agent of all claim notices and correspondence sent directly to Berkley Professional Liability (a Berkley Company).